1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Digital Media. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies can do this because our Digital Media can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of our Digital Media more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE?
The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first party or third party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Digital A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Digital Media that created it when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Digital Media and services, to better understand how you interact with our Digital Media and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your computer allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Digital Media by third parties to provide their services, including advertising cookies. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Digital Media to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy
a. Essential Cookies
Essential cookies are first party cookies which are strictly necessary for our Digital Media to work and to use its services and features. Without these cookies, our Digital Media will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Digital Media or certain services or features thereof you request.
We also use technical cookies which allow our Digital Media to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) for customization and personalization purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising purposes or to remember your browsing history on the internet.
|Who is placing the cookie ?||Type||Description/purpose|
|Pernod Ricard France||Persistent cookie||Device Identifier Cookie: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie on your computer which identifies you and tells the Website/application that you are logged in.|
b. Analytics Cookies
Our Digital Media may also use Google Analytics cookies. These third party cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Digital Media. For example, these will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Digital Media, to track users’ movements around our Digital Media and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Digital Media use the following analytical cookies:
|Who is placing the cookie||Type||Description/purpose|
|Persistent and session ID cookies||Google Analytics: The cookies Google Analytics work together to give us information about how people use our Digital Media.|
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics cookies on all the websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-in or opt-out of being tracked only on our websites/applications, use the Cookies Set Up tool.
4. HOW LONG ARE COOKIES STORED ?
Cookies will have a maximum retention period after being placed on the user’s terminal as required by applicable law.
5. HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES ON OUR DIGITAL MEDIA ?
Except for cookies which qualify as essential, the cookies described above will be installed on your computer only if you expressly consent to them.
In order to make your own choice, please use the link to the Cookie Set Up too which is also accessible from the Banner to consent/turn on or off non-essential cookies on our Digital Media, by clicking the relevant button as it will appear on the menu.
Please note that depending on the cookies you turn on or disable , you may not be able to login to your account, view content or use other features of our Digital Media and may find that parts of our Digital Media either do not function at all or behave unexpectedly.
If you use different devices to view and access our Digital Media (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US?
Last update : JUNE 2021