1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that may be stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Website. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e., how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies are designed as a reliable mechanism to store status information on websites (such as items added to the shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing habits (including clicking certain buttons, logging in or recording past pages visited), but they can also be used to remember information previously entered by the user in form fields (e.g. names, addresses, passwords, etc.).
Browsers can automatically accept or reject cookies, although you can change these settings. The help menu of most browsers shows you how to change your browser settings regarding cookies, how the browser notifies you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete cookies that you have previously accepted if you wish. To find out how to manage cookies on the following browsers, follow the link provided:
For specific cookies, we will also provide further information on how to reject a cookie (see below).
Cookies can do this because our Website can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of our Website more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE?
The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first-or third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Website. A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your device, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Website when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Website, to better understand how you interact with our Website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your device when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your device allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Website by third parties to provide their services. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Website to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their third parties’ Cookies or Privacy Policies.
a. Essential Cookies
Essential cookies are first-party cookies which are strictly necessary for our Website to work. Without these cookies, our Website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to, and we may not be able to provide certain services or features thereof you request.
We also use technical cookies which allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language, products selected in your shopping cart, or the region you are in) for customization and personalization purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising purposes or to remember your browsing history on the internet.
|Who is placing the cookie ?||Type||Description/purpose|
|Pernod Ricard||Persistent cookie||Device Identifier Cookie: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie on your computer which identifies you and tells the website/application that you are logged in.|
|Pernod Ricard||Persistent cookie||User Local Cookie: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie which is used to remember local specific selections made by you such as language preferences.|
|Evidon||Persistent cookie||Evidon: Related to the cookie banner.|
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website may not work in such case.
b. Analytics Cookies
Our Website may also use Matomo cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Website. For example, these will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around our Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Website uses the following analytical cookies:
|Who is placing the cookie||Type||Description/purpose|
|Matomo||Persistent and session ID cookies||Matomo: The Matomo cookies work together to give us information about how people use our Website.|
The Matomo cookies are not subject to consent and has been set in non-intrusive manner from a data privacy perspective.
To opt-out of being tracked only on this Website, use the Cookie Set Up Toolt available in the bottom right corner of your screen.
4. HOW LONG ARE COOKIES STORED ?
Cookies will be kept for a maximum period of time after they have been placed on the user’s terminal, in accordance with applicable law.
5. HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE ?
The cookies described above will be installed on your device without your consent to their deposit.
Please use the Cookie Set Up Toolt in the bottom right corner of your screen to turn off the different types of cookies used on our Website.
Please note that depending on the cookies you turn off or disable, it may be impossible for you to log into your account, view content or use other features of our Website. You will also find that parts of our Website will either not work at all or behave unexpectedly.
If you use different devices to view and access our Website (for example, your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to match your cookie preferences.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
7. CHANGES TO COOKIES POLICY
This Cookies Policy was last updated 27/09/2023. We may change this Cookies Policy from time to time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Cookies Policy.